You further accept that Acumen Digital may process your Information without explicit consent sought, given or accepted where (i) it is necessary for entering into or performance of a contract; (ii) it is authorized or required by law (which also provides safeguards for You); or (iii) there are circumstances that may engender direct or indirect propagation of criminal acts and anti-social conducts.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information We Collect Directly from You
Acumen Digital collects Information from you when you subscribe to our service. The type of Information that we collect from you depends on the service you require from Acumen Digital.
We may also collect information you provide us including but not limited to information on web forms, account update information and correspondence with the Website support services team. Information obtained through voluntary submissions (e.g., responses to surveys, requests for information on Acumen Digital’s Website or those of Acumen Digital’s advertisers/marketing partners) and review of Website usage patterns, survey responses, customer enquiries and other means may also be collected and used by us. Acumen Digital will only collect information that is necessary for the provision of the product or service that you have subscribed to.
Information We Collect Automatically
The automatically collected information includes but is not limited to data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, the dates and times of your use of the Website and standard web log data. We may combine this information with other information that we collect from you.
Acumen Digital may engage in activities which involve the automated processing and/or profiling of information you provide us where (i) it is necessary for entering into or performance of a contract; (ii) it is authorized by law (which also provides safeguards for you); or (iii) it is the subject of explicit consent from you.
You hereby consent that in the circumstances not covered above Acumen Digital can engage in activities which involve the automated processing and/or profiling of your information in respect of the services for which you provided the Personal Data.
How Acumen Digital uses Information it Collects
We primarily use your Information to provide Services to you and to respond to your inquiries. We also may use your Information as follows:
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your comments or requests for information, to request feedback on our products and services, and to notify you about changes to the services you use.
- To help Acumen Digital understand you, to tailor and enhance our product and service offerings, anticipate and resolve problems with any products or services supplied to you, create products or services that may meet your needs.
- To provide access to restricted pages or contents of the Website.
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
- To send you marketing communications and advertising in line with your communications preferences and where permitted by applicable law about products, services and opportunities that we believe would be of interest to you, including products and services offered by third parties.
- To protect our rights, your rights, and the rights of others, and to meet our own high standards of business practice.
The services of third party may be employed to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, marketing and market researching. In some cases that third party may receive your information. However, at all times we will endeavor to keep control and be responsible for the use of your information.
Each time you provide us with Information we aim to let you know how we intend to use it and ask you to give your consent to such use.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION
Information collected will be held securely and will only be kept for as long as is reasonably necessary for as long as you use the service or product that you are subscribed to, unless you have provided us with your consent to use the data for any additional purposes. We take the security of the information you provide very seriously, and we will take all appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards/measures using recognized security procedures and tools in accordance with good industry practice to protect your Information. We have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and interception by third parties of the information under our control, but, to the extent allowed by law, Acumen Digital assumes no liability for any damage you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavors to protect your security in the manner described above, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure.
ACUMEN DIGITAL OBLIGATIONS TO RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF SUCH INFORMATION
Acumen Digital keeps your Information in line with set periods calculated using the following applicable criteria:
- How long you have been a customer with us, the types of products or services offering we provide you, and when you will stop being our customer.
- After you have stopped being our customer, for how long it is reasonable for us to retain your records to show we have met the obligations we have to you and by law.
- Any time limits for making a claim
- Any period for keeping your Information which are set by law or recommended by the relevant regulators, professional bodies or associations or is in line with best practice.
- The nature of any contract we have in place with you.
- The terms of any consent given by you.
- Any relevant proceedings that apply.
- Our legitimate interests as a business.
The retention period is to enable Acumen Digital use the data for the necessary legitimate purposes identified in full compliance with the legal requirements. When Acumen Digital no longer needs to use your Information, we will delete it from our systems and records.
Access to and Control over Information
In respect of your Information with us you can do at any time the following by contacting us:
- If allowable, see what Information we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any Information we have about you after providing the required documentation and if it is within your purview to change/correct.
- If allowable, and subject to points a – h above, have us delete any Information we have about you.
- If allowable, request for the purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If allowable, request for the categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- If allowable, request for recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- Request for the duration of data retention.
- Request for details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing and express any concern about our use of your Information.
Yes. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies are features included in your browser and will store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Website, in particular when you complete any form on the Website. However, a cookie does not provide us with any Information. Therefore, if you have not supplied us with any Information, you can still browse our site anonymously. This information is used only for administration of the site system and in the compilation of statistics used by Acumen Digital. Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of our Website. The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- failure to implement safeguards required by the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 or any of the security measures provided in this Policy;
- failure to mitigate the damage once it has occurred; or
- failure to timely notify the affected individuals
shall be liable, in addition to any other civil liabilities, to the penalties provided in the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation.
CONTACTING ACUMEN DIGITAL
Our customer contacts are firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 (678) 752-8523, +234 907 635 8050. We shall endeavour to respond to enquiries/issues sent to/made to these service contacts within 48 hours.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION